Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Taco Dip Pizza

I know most of y'all have at least one time in your life had taco dip or maybe it was 7 layer dip or how many ever layer dip, or I guess just whatever you want to call it kind of dip. I LOVE taco dip! I could eat it with a spoon, even my fingers and be just as happy without even putting it on a chip. So I decided to make a pizza out of it to change it up a bit, I even made it alot healthier than you might think too! We all love anything Mexican food in our house so I knew I could even get the kids to eat this one. We had our pizza and movie night this past Saturday. We didn't dress up like the last time if you remember my previous blog 80's Date Night...Well Sorta. But we did watch 2 movies after chowing down our pizzas, "Raising Arizona" and "Dirty Work". Really funny movies, you gotta watch them if you haven't already! Well here's the recipe to Taco Dip Pizza!

                                                                        To make this:

You will need this:


1 (8 oun) fat free cream cheese (I used the weight watchers one, its the cheapest too!)
1 cup fat free sour cream
Taco seasoning (I make my own, see below for the recipe on that too!)
1 roll of ground turkey, cooked and drained
1 can fat free refried beans, warmed up (It's easier to spread when warm)
Sharp cheddar cheese (Really its your preference on how much cheese you want, some like it cheesier or not so cheesy, I used about 1 1/2 cups)
Pizza crust (I know I can make my own pizza crust but this is so easy! And only 43 cents!)
Sliced Roma tomato
Black olives
Jalepenos

You can also garnish with shredded lettuce, green onions, hot sauce and avocado

Mix your cream cheese and sour cream with 1 tbs of taco seasoning and let it sit to get the flavors mixed together while your preparing your pizza. (You will have extra of this, but its also good just to dip a chip in it while you wait!) Get your crust ready to go (If you get the kind of pizza crust I do, all you need to do is add your 1/2 cup of hot water and roll it up in a ball and let it sit covered for 5 minutes). While your waiting on your crust to rise a bit, cook your turkey meat and drain. Add your taco seasoning (I used 2-3 tbs) and 1/4 cup of water and let simmer for 5 minutes. Once your pizza crust has sit for 5 minutes roll it out and put it on your pizza pan and follow the rest of the instructions for it. When you are ready to start topping your pizza, spread on the cream cheese/sour cream mixture, try not to lick your fingers to much because of how good it is. Spead your refried beans on top of that mixture. Top with cheese, taco meat, sliced tomato, black olives and jalepenos. I also sprinkled on some garlic salt and dried basil. Bake for 9-11 minutes and when it comes out you just want to jump for joy it looks so dang good! Top with which ever other toppings you like!


See I told you! My stomach is growling while I reminisce about it. We also made another pizza just consisting of ground turkey sausage, pesto, mozzarella, and black olives. I love to put pesto on my pizza in place of pizza sauce, it makes it so much more flavorful and a little different from your standard pizza. Heres a close up of that one, it makes you hungrier the closer it is, huh?


So if your into the whole pizza making thing, then y'all have to try this one! I pretty much had all the ingriendients I needed to make it around the house, so it ended up being a really cheap meal and we had leftovers, it was very filling! Oh and heres the recipe for my taco seasoning, its all I will do now instead of buying it already done and it isnt greasy!

Taco Seasoning:
1 heaping tbs chili powder
1 1/2 tbs cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp oregeno
A pinch of sugar
1/8 tsp cayenne or 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, whichever one I want that day
Salt and Pepper, just a bit!

Mix it all together and if your adding it with meat add 1/4 cup of water and let simmer for 5 minutes.


Y'all Enjoy and Happy Monday!

Kirby


1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm! Sounds yummy!! Thanks for sharing this.

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

After the crazy days I usually have, yall's comments make me smile! So go ahead, leave me a comment...and make my day! Thanks for stopping by!