Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Off to the "Big School" we go!

Well, it happened, I officially have a Kindergartner in the house.

It didn't go as bad at I thought it would, even though 5:45 is to early to be getting up and leaving the house by 6:50. I'm used to at least sleeping in until 6:30. Those days are over, at least until next summer. She was wondering why in the heck I was waking her up when it was still dark out. I tried to be quiet in hopes I wouldnt wake up the devil child Hayden, but of course she popped up, "Momma", and ran out of the room like she had been up for hours. That led to her waking up Sadie and me drinking more coffee. At first the whole picture process was going good she was posing, like she normally does, and by the time we were walking up to her school you see her face start changing and her start looking irritated. She ever told me to quit taking pictures! Absolutley not! You have one day you start the first day of school and I'm capturing your every move until they kick me out! Ok, I didn't go that far, I'm not a phycho picture taking Mom.

I would just wait until they asked me to leave.

She was the first one there and went right on in and sat down at her chair and started coloring. I managed to sneak in a couple more pictures before I told her bye. She kissed me bye and I'm not so sure she even looked up to watch me walk out. That's about the time I put on my sunglasses even though the sun wasnt shining and teared up. BUT I didn't cry.  I know she will be happy at her "Big School" as she calls it.

As for me I will go back home and vaccum up the crushed Pop-Tarts and smashed bananas on the floor.

Poser!

All ready to go and leave Mommy

Now she's getting irritated

"Mom, are you really making me take this picture in front of this horse?"

Ok, Mom  if I smile one more time for you, will you go?

Love, Kirby

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet post and she IS such a poser!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolute cuteness! Love the pics.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is too cute and I do love her pose by the way. Love the photos and the big great smile also. I am glad everything went great on her first day of school.

    Gina
    motherof1princessand2princes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally cried when I put my first on the bus for kindergarten! 8 years ago!! The other 2 were much easier to see go. Now I homeschool them all so the first day of school is just MORE work for me! It's fun though and I wouldn't have it any other way.

    I read a bit of your blog and I'm liking it! I'll be back to read more. Your little ones are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

After the crazy days I usually have, yall's comments make me smile! So go ahead, leave me a comment...and make my day! Thanks for stopping by!