Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Sweet Tea in a Weird Way!

I have never made good sweet tea. I'm from Texas, I should know how to do this, but it always looked like murky lake water when I was done with it and never sweet enough or too sweet. So I did some researching and found something interesting that I had never heard of and maybe alot of y'all haven't either. I tweeked the recipe a little to make it to my preference so add more sugar or less if you like. Try it sometime!




Sweet Tea in a Weird Way

5-6 tea bags
8 cups of water
3/4 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. baking soda (yep that's right folks!)

Boil 2 cups water. In a plastic container (or whatever you put your tea in) add 1/8 tsp baking soda. (This is the little trick that makes it clear and pretty! No murky looking lake water here, and you don't taste it whatsoever!). Pour your boiling water in the container and add your tea bags. Put a lid on it and let steep 10 minutes (or 15 minutes for stronger tasting tea). Remove the tea bags (Careful its hot!) Add your sugar, how much ever your lttle sweet tooth desires, and stir until it is dissolved. Then add 6 cups of cold water. Pour over ice and garnish with a lemon and ta da your done and you have refreshing sweet tea for this hot miserable summer day!

Everyone have a great weekend!

Kirby

6 comments:

  1. I'm the newest follower to your great blog. Interesting about the baking soda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting...I've never heard of anyone putting baking soda in their sweet tea. Looks like it worked well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I was able to make your day a little better. I've been through the working mother routine. It's grueling.

    And also doing a blog can make you weary.... like is anyone really looking or care. Just keep on... people will find you and enjoy your great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea and that's such a neat tip. Thanks for sharing this.

    Happy Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never heard of that before! That is such a neat little trick! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am from Texas....Thanks for sharing your recipes!!! Blessings, K

    ReplyDelete

After the crazy days I usually have, yall's comments make me smile! So go ahead, leave me a comment...and make my day! Thanks for stopping by!