Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Taco Mac N' Cheese

This one was of those accidental suppers that I made Sunday night. I was busy all day long painting our room over and when I looked up it was 4:30. Of course. I hadn't made it to the store all weekend long so I was scrounging around in the pantry looking for something.

Anything.

I had 4 kiddos hungry. And yes Hubs is being included as a kiddo right now because he was the worst one saying "What's for supper, I'm hungry?"

I had some ground turkey meat already in the fridge that needed to be cooked and I had a box of mac and cheese. Hmm....

Off brand, .39 cents babbbyyy.

So here's how it all went down:

  • Make the mac and cheese according to directions.
  • Cook your ground turkey (or beef), drain
  • Add in your taco seasoning
  • Pour your mac and cheese in a big bowl and add in your taco meat
  • Add 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese
  • 1 cup of crushed tortilla chips
  • Stir it all together
  • Put it on plate in front of hungry "kids"
  • Top with more crushed tortilla chips and diced tomatoes
  • Watch them devour it
And wonder how the heck you just pulled that one off.

Seriously.
They loved it. It was actually pretty darn good. And cheap. And easy. And you gotta love that, right?



So there ya go my friends!

I was estactic to see that I now have 102 followers and I promised a giveaway of my own that I will do when I reached 100 followers. So now I gotta think of something. Something good. Until then here's the CSN Giveaway that I'm doing until midnight tomorrow night.

I'm linking this up with Tuesday Night Supper Club

-Kirby



6 comments:

  1. Believe it or not that sounds and looks absolutely yummy! Don't you love when you can come up with a quick meal based on what you find in your pantry? I bet we'd all save money if we'd just deplete our pantry instead of shopping for new groceries all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I don't know how many times I've been elbows deep in a project and heard, "I'm hungry, when are we having dinner?" It's great that you remembered to grab the pic. I never have the foresight to grab my camera during those rushed, improv dinners.

    Look great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello hungry household! This sounds awesome! My hubs is gonna love it! xox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow -that really sounds great- gonna try it,
    thanks...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. very clever! way to make a great meal out of just a few ingredients and thank you for sharing this quick-snap dinner with tuesday night supper club!

    ReplyDelete

After the crazy days I usually have, yall's comments make me smile! So go ahead, leave me a comment...and make my day! Thanks for stopping by!