Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Texas Caviar with Avocado

I made this refreshing little dip this past weekend, its just a little chopping and throwing everything in a bowl and scooping it out with a chip! It's the perfect end of the summer salad/dip since tonite at 10:09 will be officially Fall! Thank Goodness! You can't tell from the weather here though the past several days, it's been in the 90's and humid as all get out! I really didn't even want to water this morning but my flowers were glaring at me. I saw this on Good Morning America the other morning, I was wrong when I answered the question out loud like he was really talking to me (Sam Champion that is) guzzling down my huge cup of coffee. Everyone else that I ask they get also get it wrong!

It makes me feel better they got it wrong, and smarter because I knew the answer and they didn't.

Anyways, the question was this: What makes the leaves start to fall?

I right away said the weather turning cooler, isn't that what you thought it would be too? Or are you smarter than me? (By all means, I'm not a genius!)

Well the answer was shorter daylight! Who knew, right? Thank you Sammie Poo! You taught me something new!

Ok so back to the refreshing little bowl of yumminess I have for y'all today-

Texas Caviar with Avocado




2 cans black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup sweet and hot jalapenos, chopped (regular jalapenos are fine too)
1/2 of a red onion, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (more if like it spicy)
3/4 cup light Italian dressing
1-2 avocados, chopped, depending on how much you like in it!

Mix all your ingredients together in a bowl and stir. Add your avocados in right before you serve it. If you don't like avocados you can make this without, I have done it both ways and its good regardless!

Not much to that, huh? I use Frito's scoops for it but I also caught myself using a Nacho Cheese Dorito too...Hmm not as good I have to say with that...so stick with your tortilla chips or scoops! Oh and my pic doesnt have the avocados added to it yet, I forgot to take another picture of it with them in there!

Another one of my "smart" moments!

Happy Fall! Finally!

Kirby

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good. I am going to have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dip looks delicious - and it's healthy too - love it! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete

After the crazy days I usually have, yall's comments make me smile! So go ahead, leave me a comment...and make my day! Thanks for stopping by!