Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

CrazZzy Good Taco Soup

Yes, ANOTHER taco soup recipe! I know, I know there are lots of 'em out there, and they all sound delish, but this was is so DARN good, that its crazZy! I crave it every couple of weeks. I love how easy it is too, basically just opening a bunch of cans and packets-now that's what I'm talking about! I think my 5 year old could make this, well besides browning up the meat, I don't want my house to burn down or anything...then I wouldn't have a computer to blog on, or make new friends, or share recipes and then my life would be ruined FOR-EV-VER...

(I'm thinking about Squints in the movie "Sandlot"(Love that movie!) when he's saying For-ev-ver, For-ev-ver.....*still saying this as I type...)

Annyywaayyss...

I was going to make it on Sunday, but I figured I would wait a couple of days when they were forecasting rain and cool weather and for once they finally got it right on. There is just something about a good soup and a rainy, cool day that just makes it that much better. Why is that? Weird...

I make it with some hot Italian sausage in it, and yes I realize I have had alot of sausage recipes lately, I'm trying to use it all up so it doesn't ruin peeeople! It adds a certain different flavor to make it that much better! So here goes the taco soup that I get major props on... :)


3 hot Italian sausage links, casings removed, cooked, crumbled and drained
1 lb ground turkey (or you could use ground beef), cooked and drained
1 15 oun can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15 oun can ranch style beans(do not drain)
1 15 oun can corn, drained
2 10 oun cans Rotel, do not drain
1 onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups chicken broth (less if you want it thicker, or more if you want it soupier)
1 tbs "tony" creole seasoning
2 bay leaves
2 pinches of cinnamon
1 tbs oregeno
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet dry spicy ranch dressing seasoning

Garnish:
Whatever cheese you like, I use Monterey Jack
Sour Cream
Green onions

Sweet cornbread...A must...

Break out your big pot, and throw in there your Italian sausage, ground turkey(or beef), and onion. Cook until brown. Drain. Add in your beans, corn, rotel, chicken broth. Stir. Then add in all your seasonings. Let simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Make ya a big bowl of this stuff right here with some cornbread and count your blessings that Taco Soup even exsists...

This is linked up with Tuesday Night Supper Club
Kirby

13 comments:

  1. I love all the versions of this wonderful, comforting soup! I haven't made this yet this year, it sounds super good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any kind of soup is always appreciated in our home and yours look really inviting.

    Have a nice day, Kirby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recipe that I will have to try. I love taco soup but have never made it. It looks delicious! Now I just need to get the sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, it does sound "souper" tasty ;) For-ev-er! ha ha ha ha ha....we say that EVERY SINGLE TIME the word pops up around here! Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taco soups and fiesta soups are so good. Love the way this one looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha. I love a good Sandlot reference! I use that line all the time!

    Your soup looks fantastic. Perfect rainy weather dish. All these flavors sound so yummy together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taco Soup sounds like a keeper recipe for me. I have used a recipe similar but yours has some really interesting ingredients. Thanks! I can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks super crazy yummy! With so much ingredients added, should be huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your crazy good taco soup! Perfect weather for enjoying soup. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taco soup is one of my all time favorites! This one is packed like no other that I've seen. Insanely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds tasty! I pretty much love all soups. It's one of the reasons fall is my favorite season. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think rotel is about the best thing ever invented. i imagine it just makes this soup sing! thank you for sharing this incredible recipe with tuesday night supper club

    ReplyDelete

After the crazy days I usually have, yall's comments make me smile! So go ahead, leave me a comment...and make my day! Thanks for stopping by!