Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chipotle Tater Tot Taco Bake

This is yet another one of those meals that look like a hot mess on a plate but is really tasty!
I did not want to make a Walmart run yesterday, it was rainy and I was in a blah mood. I really didn't even want to cook to be honest with you. It was real close to being a "fend for yourself" night! But then I started feeling bad because I hadn't cooked since last Friday night since I was working all weekend, so I dragged my butt in the kitchen and literally just started taking things out of my pantry and freezer and going from there! The thing with tater tots is that you can really do a whole lot of things with them, on top of the taco bake, I also just make a regular tater tot casserole and then a breakfast tater tot casserole. Heck, I might as well try to find some kind of dessert to go with them too!

Okay, that would be disgusting.

So here goes-the easiest throw it all together meal!



1 (32 oun) package frozen tater tots
1 lb ground turkey, or beef-cooked
1 pkg chipotle taco seasoning (I get the Taco Bell brand)
1 (15 oun) Rico's Restaurant style white queso blanco
1 (10 oun) diced tomato with green chilis, drained
1 (15 oun) fat free refried beans
1/2 tbs "Tony" (creole seasoning, of course!)

Cook your tater tots according to the package. Meanwhile brown your meat and add your taco seasoning to it. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Pour your white queso blanco, rotel, and "Tony" in a bowl, microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Throw your refried beans in a bowl and heat them for 2 minutes. When your tater tots are done, line your 9 x 13 casserole dish with all of the tater tots in the bottom. Spoon on your refried beans and spread evenly over your tater tots. Next comes your taco meat, spread on top of your bean/tot mixture and then spoon your white queso on top to cover. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees to get everything to come together and warm up a bit more.

Garnish with whatever you like, I'm obsessed with avocado so that was my choice.

See what I mean about literally throwing it all together? A very lazy dish! But Riley told me I was the best mom for making it, little does she know, she could have probably made it herself! This is a very filling dish and not to diet friendly but it's too dang good to care at the time your eating it! I've also done it with shredded cheese, but this is what I had in the pantry


So I thought I would give it a try to change it up a bit. It's really good with some tortilla chips too! So if your in a not-so-wanting-to-cook mood, here's y'all something easy to throw together that the fam will love you for!

Kirby

3 comments:

  1. Oh MY WORD!! I'm loving all of your comfort food recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving them too. Keep those recipes coming!!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like super comfort food! I would love to curl up with a plate full and watch a movie!

    ReplyDelete

After the crazy days I usually have, yall's comments make me smile! So go ahead, leave me a comment...and make my day! Thanks for stopping by!